September 29, 2010

Remains of the Season

Cool nights and warm days, even if the warm days bring no rain, give a certain vibrancy to my yard. While much is way past prime, some blooms are coming out fresh and bright and worthy of the camera.

The asters just started opening this past weekend. I am looking and watching for just the right time to cut them. All the dried flowers in the house (that have been there for…ummm…some years) are being replaced this year.

I didn’t get as much monarda cut as I wanted. After I made my first ‘harvest’, I saw how much the hummingbird was liking it, so I let it go. I am a sucker for the wild things. Hopefully there will be enough asters to compensate.

Or maybe I will just have empty vessels. Because the old stuff is leaving! It is time. Past time!

2 comments:

  1. I like the little picture panels. I can just imagine how pretty your yard is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the Asters! And all the insect fauna that they bring. Such lively plants!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate the effort.