When we re-carpeted and freshly painted our bedroom and bath, we changed up some things in the bath. Much of the 'decor' (and I use the term loosely) did not return to that area, which left some bare wall space.
And when Wonderful Guy opted for landscapes over flowers for the photos in the bedroom, I decided that the empty wall spaces in the bathroom could be filled with flowers. Well, photos of flowers...
There were spaces for 3-8x10s. The task, as I saw it, was to purchase frames with mats, and choose three likely candidates, and print them off myself. I choose printing myself so I will feel free to change them up as I feel the need, or choose others if first choices didn't work, or for any other reason that wouldn't leave me committed to the investment of having the photo lab paid to do it.
I had in mind one photo, a pinecone photo taken in Yellowstone, which drew a raise eyebrow from The Guy when I told him. 'Pinecone?' He doesn't always see the 'big picture'.
I continued...undaunted. Found the frames on sale. Located my pinecone photo, and while ditzing around the Yellowstone folders, found several likely wild flower photos.
Hmmm...I was sort of thinking of my yard flowers....but I followed my instincts here. One I liked needed some tweaking, being a bit washed out in color, but I was able to pull out my minimal Photoshop skilz and a presentable result was produced.
The chosen photos were printed, and amazingly, matched what I was seeing on my screen, and I didn't run out of ink halfway through any of them. I was patient enough to let them dry before slapping them into the frames to see how they were going to look.
And (here's a big one) the frames had two hangers for the horizontal mode, so when hanging...I had to use thinking (!), measurements, and a level to make sure they hung straight.
Here's where I am getting more exercise. I am pleased with my efforts. So pleased, in fact, that I run upstairs to use that bathroom just to admire the results.
The tweaked Sunflower
This fills me with all sorts of joy at having figured something out that works.