And for me it raises more questions than beyond the obvious.
What will the horizon hold regarding the job front? When I took this job last spring, there was the possibility that it would be temp (without benefits) at least through the end of the year, and there was the carrot held out that maybe, just maybe, the budget would include a full time position for 2010.
My current conversations indicate the work will continue at least maintaining the status quo, which is not an entirely disgruntling thing. In fact, I find many pleasing aspects to that development.
- While the resume is dusted off, and updated (always crisp! always fresh!), it won’t need to be distributed.
- My commute remains local.
- I don’t have to learn about new peeps and their idiosyncrasies (and them mine!).
- Maintaining current camaraderie. I have great peeps.
- I am really liking it here, the space, the job, the respect, the challenge, and what I offer them.
But…I want to be a reeeeaaaaal employee! There is something there, something in the back of my mind that tells me I am less than the other 'real' employees, that I don’t really count as much on some level.
What is it that I am suppose to be learning here?
Whatever it is? I wish I would hurry up and learn it…so I could be made a Real Employee!