• Finish Grandbebe Bean’s quilt, for one. (last qtr-Pending. Still.) Stitches have been made, so progress! Which is now really really important because another is going to be needed in the near future!
• Knit sweaters (in particular Feb Lady Sweater and EZ’s Green Sweater). (last qtr- Check, and 2 others on the needles. That’s right. Another FLS, and Peasy!) Another FLS and a Sunkist cardi are complete, pretty much, with a Sweet Peasy on the Needles of Iron. ( EZ’s Green Sweater is shelved until Schoolhouse Press does downloadable patterns.) I am finessing this goal now to pullovers…
• Knit more socks (
• Go to Yellowstone (reservations made). Lists are drawn up! Packing is happening! Days are being counted!
• Learn to dye? (maybe) (last qtr-Actually. Yeah.) Bought lots of Easter Egg dye on sale…
• Commute by bike (starting in May) at least 600 miles. (last qtr-One month out from starting!) 220 miles.
• Hike 40 miles. Hmmm…probably 6 so far?
• Snowshoe. (last qtr-Uh. Didn’t happen this year.) But maybe this winter...
• Brush off the soap making skilz. Fresh research. Inventory of supplies Progress…
• Learn some different spinning skilz. (last qtr-Navajo! New wheel! Taking the workshop at the Wool Market!) Using new techniques learned at the EPWM workshop. Contemplating a Spinning 201 class at Shuttles this fall.
• Improve photoshop skilz. Some gains made.
• Paint upstairs rooms. Rearranged a craft room without painting. More expeditious that way.
• Rail fence section in the yard.
• Sew some. Some. But minimal.
• Stay honest. Be open. Remember the lessons that brought me here. (last qtr-Now what were they again?) Kidding! Still working this one. Hard.
It’s good for me to work my growth this way, without obsessing, but taking a bit of time to check in now and then. There are a few reminders up there, and there were a few feel-good moments while reviewing, too.
Still plugging along, but I have done some of the things I set out to do this year, too.
(Have I really only hiked (officially) 6 miles…)