• Finish Grandbebe Bean’s quilt, for one. (last qtr-Pending. Still.) (last qtr-Stitches have been made, so progress.) Well…there it sits…
• Learn to dye? (maybe) (last qtr-Actually. Yeah.) (last qtr - Bought lots of Easter Egg dye on sale…) Dyed some ‘batches’ in the old blue enamel canning pot.
• Hike 40 miles. (last qtr- Hmmm…probably 6 so far?) Maybe 28 so far.
• Snowshoe. (last qtr-Uh. Didn’t happen this year.) But maybe this winter..
• Brush off the soap making skilz. (Last qtr - Fresh research. Inventory of supplies. Progress…) If I don’t make some soon, there won’t be any for Christmas.
• Learn some different spinning skilz. (last qtr-Navajo! New wheel! Taking the workshop at the Wool Market!) (last qtr - Using new techniques learned at the EPWM workshop. Contemplating a Spinning 201 class at Shuttles this fall.) Signed up for the Spinning 201 class at Shuttles, starting in November. Joined the Weaving/Spinning Guild.
• Improve photoshop skilz. (last qtr -Some gains made.) Ongoing…
• Paint upstairs rooms. (last qtr - Rearranged a craft room without painting. More expeditious that way.) Working on re-carpeting and painting the MBR and bath.
• Rail fence section in the yard.
• Sew some. (last qtr -Some. But minimal.) Plans for Xmas gifts.
• Stay honest. Be open. Remember the lessons that brought me here. (last qtr-Now what were they again?) (last qtr -Kidding! Still working this one. Hard.) With the job and med ins challenges, this one has had a work-out this quarter.
Okay. Not so bad really. And yet I see some glaring omissions and some things I really really wanted to get done.
The thing about lists and goals for me is a lesson about balance. Balance in how I see my accomplishments. Balance in how I talk to myself about what I have done and haven’t done. Balance in what I go after and how I go after it. Balance in how I let the list guide me.
Deep breath. There’s the list. Some things are done, and done well. (Well done?) Some will be off the list at the end of the year. Some won’t.
And there will be a new list of goals to work on for 2011. Some of these will be on that list…carry-overs…as it were.