The winter deadfall has been cleaned out of the yard (finally), and the early blooms are going strong. There are enough for a fun bouquet for the kitchen table.
A seed display at the hardware store sucked me in a few months ago. I planted a few things indoors, and even planted some directly outside. Well guess what. Mother Nature winning!
Peas
Lettuce
carrots
While my shorter iris were blooming when I got home from my trip, Silverado, my consistent first bloomer, opened May 15th with a perfect bloom, under cloudy skies and rain drops.And we may have a tenant in one of the birdhouses.
I can believe that I am going to be sitting on my patio after riding home from work on my bike by the end of the month.







It is fun looking forward, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteYay for bike riding weather! When and if it comes... (Just teasing, I've been riding at least once a month all year.)
ReplyDeleteLOVE, LOVE, LOVE that gorgeous drenched iris photo!
I wish our soil would support life...
ReplyDelete