After reviewing and revamping last years list, I have added to and edited it, and the results are as follows…
- Quilt. I have two bebe quilts to complete. At a minimum.
- Knitting. I would like to continue with my sweaters, expanding to pullovers, and also continue my sock knitting. I am thinking to try some colorwork this year. And fearlessly learn new techniques as I go.
- An east coast trip, maybe timed for a trip during Rhinebeck.
- Continue growing the photography/photoshop skills.
- Commute by bike (May-Oct) at least 600 miles.
- Hike 40 miles.
- Make soap.
- Maintain low sat fat diet and continue regular exercise.
- Knit/spin from stash (exceptions only when deals are spectacular and/or for souvenirs)
(List to be amended as needed/desired/required!)
I would say the pre-eminent goal of the year is to finish up the baby quilts. I am behind in that. Having said that, I must admit to watching two groups on Ravelry, one dedicated to those desiring to learn stranded colorwork (also known as fairisle), and another whose goal is to knit a holiday ornament a month.
Now the holiday ornament a month group has provided a glimpse of the patterns available, and some are very, very fun looking. However, the whole concept of an ornament a month has given me a thought as to how to go about making these little quilted ornaments I have not been able to get around to making.
I am not sure about the colorwork thing. It looks….complicated. But man do those sweaters sure look pretty when all finished up.
In the meantime? I have been knitting on something not even in my queue.