(photos by Eldest Daughter)
The Unfelting Kindle Pocket has been converted to a Leapster Pouch for Grandbebe Girl the First.
Youngest Daughter mentioned that perhaps one was needed, and I had this….thing...but it was sort of big and galumphy, being knit on sz10 ½ ‘s and not felting and all.
Perhaps if I lined it? Which I have not done to knitted items before, but as I am all about learning new things, that is what I set about to do. First I reinforced the button hole, because…wel...sz 10 ½ needles and aran weight yarn and and it seemed to tidy it up and I like tidy.
Then I looked in my fabric, and what did I find but two blocks of nine-patch that were not used for her quilt. They were very close to being the right size wide, if just a bit short. I stitched the blocks together, and added a band to the top of matching fabric to make up the length and the flap. I whipped the lining to the pouch and tacked the corners of the lining to the pocket.
I found a button, steamed the whole and called it done. It was determined that a drawstring pouch was required for the game cartridges, and that was handily made from the same fabric as the added band.
She thinks it’s awesome.
I think she is awesome.