My Kindle kicked the bucket. The screensaver won’t go away. The customer service people asked me if my Kindle has been subjected to:
- Undue pressure... (I did read the four published books of ‘The Song of Fire and Ice’, each over 700 pages, in…what? Four weeks??)
- and/or heat... (102 in
SW Kansas over the weekend…)
- or being dropped... (No. But if so, I wouldn’t admit it to the customer service people.)
I really don’t know what happened. Perhaps carrying it around everywhere with me in only my felted cover isn’t the best practice. Perhaps I need to invest in a ‘real’ cover.
However and whatever and anyway, the Kindle customer service people were as nice and kind and friendly and helpful as the counter person at a small town grocery store back in the day. A new kindle is winging its way to me, free of charge, all bright and shiny and ready to read, by the end of the week.
Still…they are really and truly fortunate that…
1) I had finished the currently published books of ‘The Song of Fire and Ice’.
2) I am in between books on the Kindle.
3) I have real life books to read.
4) I was not in the middle of one of those crazy addictive Fire and Ice books.
5) Because seriously? I might have been murderous.
ETA: The new one arrived last night! I had forgotten what it takes to set it up, but all my books are transfered and I am good to go once again.