I had soap.
I had wool.
I know felting theory. (technical term...)
So I put coats on my soap.
1. Obtain soap.
2. Obtain wool. I used some wool top.
3. Pull off pieces sized to wrap around soap lengthwise and widewise. Both wise, in other words. Not too thick, not too thin. Lay contrasty colors on top layer.
4. Slightly wet the wooly 'envelope' and start massaging gently. Gently, and not too wet, or the wool will get all askew and boy, there will be starting overs!
5. Continue to massage. Foamy lather will...foam and lather up. The wool will shrinky dink. Wet more. Rinse hands. Check progress. Continue until satified. Not rocket science.
6. First use won't show alot of suds, but after that it's all good. Or so my resources report...As the soap is used at the sink, in the shower, or in the tub, the wool is supposed to continue to felt and shrink. We will see!
And that is what I did with my Friday evening.