I don’t have the hang of it just. quite. yet.
I was all stoked by my second attempt at handpainting.
I had 12 oz of blue faced Leicester that I finished as 2-ply. While updating my stash, I was clued in to ‘shades of the same color’, and I thought..why, I can ‘paint’ with different dilutions of the same color!
So I did. Of Crimson. And it turned very spiffy indeed. I have weighed the two skeins (about 5 1/2 oz ea), and figured the wpi (about 14-ish), and stored it properly.
Then got it back out so I could look at it some more.
Because it’s so pretty!
The six ounces of Corriedale was next in line, and I thought, ooh Spring! Daffodils! Finches! Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy…
So shades of yellow I set about diluting.
Well. Yellow is different than crimson, methinks. I will use less…much less…. next time in my solutions, and I do believe I will have to overdye the retina-burning-brilliant solar-pineapple-yellow-mostly-of-one-color that was the result!
Yeah…not so much with the shades of pretty soft yellow thing going on with it.
So then, I got to learn about color mixing. Checking my resources, I found that it was down pretty much to my best guess.
So...some immersion dyeing with a bit of....teal.
Interesting that the 'shades' seemed to show up in the overdyeing.
Still learning. Don’t know it all just yet.
Except about the lessons of humility...and not getting too darned cocky too quickly.